As usual, outspoken Christopher Hitchens has an interesting take on an issue - this time it's toxic clown George Galloway.
I tend to agree with a lot of what he says, but I do have a problem with the notion that when these guys show up to give a lecture or whatever, there is an opportunity to challenge them on their views.
I have personally attended these types of meetings, and my personal experience is that the last thing the organizers allow is anything amounting to a challenge - the appearances I am familiar with are very tightly scripted and dissenting points of view are simply not tolerated.
Okay, I am reading Christopher Hitchen's book, There is no God and I have to admit that the guy is not an idiot. I really wanted him to be an idiot but he isn't. I don't agree with everything he says but ....
ReplyDeleteI found God is Not Great to be interesting and much more readable than The End of Faith or the God Delusion - have not yet read the books written in response.
ReplyDelete