1. The Pope, the Pope, the Pope - here is a good retrospective of his Middle East visit from Der Spiegel
2. Iran, Iran, Iran - when leaving Israel I had the good fortune to attend an open seminar at the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies at Bar-Ilan University near Tel Aviv - I actually witnessed the session referred to by Shmuel Rosner in this post from his blog.
(Shmuel Rosner)
(me)
(Campus of Bar-Ilan University - I suppose I could put up with the scenery)
3. Obama, Obama, Obama - where is the relationship between the US and Israel headed under the new administration of President Obama? Much more will likely be known after Prime Minister Netanyahu's visit to Washington that starts today. At the same BESA conference, I heard Mr. Rosner speak about relations between Israel and the Democratic Majority in Washington.
4, Hamas, Hamas, Hamas - no recognition of Israel - confirmed again! I had the privilege of meeting Mr. Toameh, the Israeli-Arab author of this article, while on my trip to Israel. One should also read the great piece by Charles Krauhammer on the "Hamas Peace Plan"
5. Hezbollah, Hezbollah, Hezbollah - can't forget these guys - how did this report end up on a UN web site - did someone forget their monthly payment?
6. UNHRC, UNHRC, UNHRC - exposed for what it really is - a friend to jihadists everywhere - human rights have nothing to do with the UNHRC. Note that since the article was published, the US has been elected to this "august" body.
7. The Arts, the Arts, the Arts - contrast these two views of the "playlet" Seven Jewish Children - Rick Salutin's take, (who despite having written a book on the Montreal Canadiens, I cannot abide as he is always complaining about everything and usually laying blame at the feet of business, the political right, and Israel), and Rex Murphy's comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment
While you are free to disagree with something I have said or posted, you must not use inappropriate language - comments that are profane, racist or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated.