Wednesday, May 20th, 2009

Here are today's postings:

1. The article by Leon Hadar that I noted yesterday caught the attention of Shmuel Rosner, who then interiewed Mr. Hadar. Here is that interview.

2. Victor Davis Hanson is interviewed by Jamie Glazov of FrontPage Magazine about President Obama's performance to date. This phrase in particular - "...multicultural trendiness is now a cynical cover for moral laxity and 'can't we all get along?' appeasement..." caught my eye - I think that it summarizes quite succinctly a lot of what is wrong with today's world.

By the way, Jamie Glazov, the editor of FrontPage Magazine, has Halifax connections - I believe that his late father Yuri Glazov taught at Dalhousie University in Halifax.

3. In yesterday's posting, I linked to a column by Mordechai Kedar, and that drew very favourable comments from 2 people. If you'd like to see Dr. Kedar in action, check out this May 2008 interview from al-Jazeera. Wow!

4. During the recent Cast Lead operation in Gaza, the Israel Defence Forces was accused (per usual) of terrible war crimes, disproportionate use of force, etc. To refute these groundless accusations, here is Alan Dershowitz, the famous Harvard Law Professor and ardent advocate for Israel, speaking on the Doha Debates from Georgetown University.

5. Don't worry (or should I say - WORRY!) - Iran is still in the news - here is a self-explanatory story from the Associated Press - can someone - ANYONE - who thinks that Iran is only seeking nuclear power for peaceful purposes explain why it is testing (and loudly hailing for all to hear) a missile that has a range of 1,200 miles? Someone? ANYONE?

6. At least some people in Washington have their eyes open - 250 Congressmen have sent a strong message to President Obama - here's some unequivocal language - "We must also continue to insist on the absolute Palestinian commitment to ending terrorist violence and to building the institutions necessary for a viable Palestinian state living side-by-side, in peace with the Jewish state of Israel."

7. Here is the transcript of the remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Netanyahu following their meeting in Washington. Everyone is saying the "right" things, but talk is cheap - especially in the Middle East. I would love to have the transcript of the private meeting between these two leaders.

8. When Jews read the Torah, the reading for each "aliyah" must start and end on a positive note. Since we live in such a stressful world, I will try to emulate that practice to a degree by at least trying to end each day's blog entry with something lighter or less serious. Therefore, and to that end - here's a link to an episode of Jay Leno's "Headlines" segment.

That's all for today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While you are free to disagree with something I have said or posted, you must not use inappropriate language - comments that are profane, racist or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated.