Please note that some of the video links may contain graphic or disturbing images
4. Palestinian Media Watch - lies, lies & lies
5. Proclamation Of The State of Israel - May 14, 1948
6. The Holocaust - an historical overview
7. Righteous Gentile - Irena Sendler
8. Killing Kastzner - the movie trailer
9. Leonard Nimoy - the origin of the Vulcan salute
10. William Shatner - Oy Vey
11. Aircraft Engine Technology - prepare to be blown away
12. Want To Play Hockey? - Are you absolutely sure?
Actually Shatner is a hilarious comedian especially funny in his last role as an aging lothario, arch Repubican and quirky lawyer in Boston Legal. We can agree that he over emoted when he acted in the original Star Trek series but he was after all a Shakesperian actor so this was to be expected. I say kudos to this aging septarian, a McGill grad who would have landed up in the schmata business had he listened to his father.A.S.
ReplyDeletePerhaps I shouldn't ask why your hostility towards Leonard Nimoy is so palapable. Can this have anything to do with his Ultra Orthodox background? Personally I am delighted that he hasn't forgotten his roots, and he sure does know "our" ideology and ethos,compared to Adam Sandler or other contemporary Jewish actors. What I find interesting is that he did not mention that the SHECHINA epitomizes , for lack of a better word, the "feminine" aspects of G-d, ergo this must be his association with the kabbalistic gesture that he became associated with and insisted was the greeting for his bride in his characterterization of Spock.I loved Star Trek precisely because it fostered so many Jewish talmudic teachings unlike the Avatar drek today. A.S.
ReplyDeleteWhat happened to your attempts at getting a viewing of Killing Kasztner for a limited showing of this film for the members of the tribe? A while back you asked me to remind you, any progress? Anita
ReplyDeleteYou are aware of course that the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to that neo con Al Gore instead of Irena Sendler who actually deserved it. Hallmark also did a television film about her life, her close relationship with a Jewish family, and her ingenuity as a social worker who set up a network to save Jewish lives.
ReplyDeleteI am absolutely dumbfounded that you think I have hostility toward Leonard Nimoy due to his Orthodox Jewish roots - especially that you think it is "palpable".
ReplyDeleteMaybe I should ask you why you say that.
Certainly, any such thoughts were miles away from me as I LED THE MORNING SERVICES TODAY AT THE LOCAL ORTHODOX SYNAGOGUE
Al I said was that I was not a sci-fi fan - and that the simple fact that Nimoy and Shatner were Jewish did not make me like Star Trek.
I think that Nimnoy is fantastic and that the origin of the Vulcan salute is a tremendous story - I cannot help but think of all the anti-Semites who have flashed that sign having no idea what it meant.
And for the record, I am no fan of Adam Sandler whatsoever.
Still trying re: Kasztner - it is not such an easy thing to do, especially when one has no idea how many people might actually come see it at a special showing.
ReplyDeleteI am aware re: Irena Sendler/Al Gore - just shows the political nature of such award
ReplyDelete