Wednesday, April 7, 2010 - Happy Chametz!!

I'm back after the Passover break - glad to be eating chametz again.....Now, down to business. I apologize that some of this may be "old" news, but I am catching up on the things I did not blog about over the Passover break.

(see you next year)

1. Attack in Moscow - Blast on Moscow subway kills dozens World News Ottawa Sun. Gee, I sure hope that the Russians don't over-react and take any disproportionate measures. I can see that by Vladimir Putin's language - quoted here - that everything will be done according to Hoyle. Oh and by the way, why did the reporters make reference to "terror attacks" and the like - don't they know that these are just attacks by "militants" - oh, that's just against Israel.


2. Must Be The Fog Of War - Gaza youth returns home alive



- meanwhile, Rome burns, so to speak



8. The World's Gone Nuts #6 - Muslim students call for removal of "year of Our Lord" from diplomas at... Trinity University - Jihad Watch. Uh, guys, it's "Trinity" University - shouldn't you sort of expect that? Even I know what The Trinity is, and I'm Jewish.










14. The World's Gone Nuts #12 - Sensitivity: A one-way street


16. It Could Not Happen Here - Does the story above lead to this? Machete used in anti-Semitic attack in Gatineau, Carleton students say and Adrian MacNair: An isolated incident, using a machete - Full Comment. Hey - (sarcasm on) do you think that University spokesman went too far with his comment? (sarcasm off). Not acceptable? Got anything more pointed?

“The Israel and Palestine issue is one of the things that can cause people to become emotional,” MacDonald said. “Our job is to make sure that these debates can happen without anyone’s personal safety being threatened.

“We have met with student groups on both sides of such issues and told them that we are not here to tell them what to think, but certain kinds of behaviour are not acceptable" (my emphasis)


18. NCAA Championship - Monday evening, Duke beat Butler 61-59 in a tremendous final game. Kudos to both teams on an excellent game - Duke - the blueblood elite school with 3 prior championships and Butler - the "mid-major" school from Indianapolis (6 miles from the site of the championship game) which plays its home games at Hinkle Fieldhouse - the famous arena from the movie "Hoosiers".


Here is the video of the last-second desperate attempt by Butler star Gordon Hayward for a game-winning three point shot:


Also, kudos to the UConn Huskies female basketball team, which won its 78th game in a row and captured its second straight NCAA women's basketball championship.


No comments:

Post a Comment

While you are free to disagree with something I have said or posted, you must not use inappropriate language - comments that are profane, racist or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated.