"In the end, there is only one credible explanation for the West's willingness to lie about the nature and goals of Islamic supremacism. There is only one credible explanation for the West's willingness to collaborate with Islamic supremacists as they purge the historical record of the Jewish roots of Western civilization. There is only one explanation for the West's willingness to accept the Islamic supremacist assertion that Israel is to blame for Islamic aggression against Jews and Christians alike.But if I mention anti-Semitism, I will be attacked as a paranoid Jew."

3. A Vile Comparison - below are letters from the National Post responding to a comparison between Jews and Nazis - the disgraceful item that provoked the letters is found here - take the time to read it - in my opinion, it is written by someone who has such an incredible fundamental misunderstanding of history and current facts that one can only believe that the true motivation is rabid anti-Israel bias. Maybe she should have compared the ghettos established for North American aboriginal and First Nations people with the Warsaw Ghetto. Nah - can't delegitimize Israel with that approach!!
(Warsaw Ghetto or Gaza?)
(Warsaw Ghetto or Gaza?)
4. Poppies - As November 11 - Remembrance Day in Canada -approaches, an extremely common sight is the poppy that Canadians wear on their jackets, suits, sweaters and hats. I bought my poppy yesterday at one of the numerous temporary locations where poppies are sold (for a volunteer donation) by veterans. I took the time to chat with the man who sold me the poppy, asked about his war-time experience, then thanked him for his service to our country.
The poppy was chosen as a symbol of remembrance because of this excerpt from the famous World War I poem "In Flanders' Fields", which, incidentally was written by a Canadian (Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae, who himself did not survive the war).
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
I guess it is a sign of the times that one gets this story - Canadian Legion in new fight over white poppies. I would hazard a confident guess that the number of veterans who wish to romanticize war are minuscule - to quote the famous Robert E. Lee - "It is good that war is so terrible, else we should become accustomed to it."
Instead of a stupid campaign like this, people should take the time to learn about the enormous sacrifices made (in this case) by Canadian veterans in World War I, World II, Korea, the Balkans and Afghanistan - as well as in numerous peace-keeping missions. Would these people do for our country what our veterans did and what our current military continues to do? Who do they have to thank for their ability to make such a ridiculous public protest with no fear for their safety or liberty? I'm just sayin.....
5. Great Advertisement:



No comments:
Post a Comment
While you are free to disagree with something I have said or posted, you must not use inappropriate language - comments that are profane, racist or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated.