Sunday, October 11, 2009 - Nobel Peace Prize Edition

1. Is There Any Other Story Out There? Cyberspace has been totally pre-occupied with the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to President Obama on Friday.



At the outset, I think it is fair to say that by all accounts, President Obama did not seek the award nor campaign for it. The story says more about today's world than anything else. He probably wished he could have pulled a General Sherman (later echoed by President Lyndon Johnson) - "if nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve"


I have no problem seeing the President betting the award - when (and if) he earns it. In the meantime, giving him the award now is like giving a doctor who pledges to cure cancer the Nobel Prize for Medicine - when he has just started his research.

Finally, given that the Nobel Prize for Peace has been awarded to Yassir Arafat, Jimmy Carter, Desmond Tutu and Mohammed El Baradei, I think that the prize lacks some serious credibility.

In any event, here are a number of stories on the subject:


2. Well, There Are - Such As This BS Related Item From The UK - RubinReports: And speaking of Nobel prizes--you're not going to believe this and Israeli peace prize winners not on 'Guardian's list | International News | Jerusalem Post - they "forgot" to include the Israeli winners due to some technical glitch? How stupid do they think we are?





5. Good Old Sweden - from the home of Aftonbladet, where unfounded accusations about Israel are treated as worthy of publication - Sweden supports Gaza war crimes probe | International News | Jerusalem Post - one of my favorite candies is Swedish Fish - no longer! That will show them!











12. This Is Poetic Justice, For Sure - When They Killed Che – by Humberto Fontova | FrontPage Magazine - I hope that he begged and cried for mercy, and soiled himself from the fright.


14. Are You Serious? (Part 1) - Commentary » Blog Archive » Sometimes, a Watermelon Is Just a Watermelon. Not So at Yale - better not use bagels either...





18. Even Though It Was Filmed In Sweden....


1 comment:

  1. Most enjoyable and most insightful ( as well as inciteful) articles. Great edition Marc. Keep it up. A.S.

    ReplyDelete

While you are free to disagree with something I have said or posted, you must not use inappropriate language - comments that are profane, racist or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated.