Sunday, November 22, 2009

1. Buycott, Not Boycott - In my recent Cranky Edition, I noted the plan to boycott Mountain Equipment Cooperative because it sells Israeli products. Well, here is the perfect response - Cross-Canada BUYcott Alert for Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) « BUYcott Alerts.


2. Boycott, Not Buycott - Chesler Chronicles » Boycott Burqa Barbie









8. Jonathan Pollard - I have never been especially knowledgeable about this case. Now, as he enters his 25th year in prison, the story is getting some media attention. Here are some links to sites with varying opinions (note - some of these are written by members of his family):





12. Caroline Glick on American Jewry - Can you believe this excerpt from this piece - Caroline Glick's Column: Whither American Jewry? | Columnists | Jerusalem Post - are you kidding me?
"Take UC Berkeley's Hillel center, for example. Since Ken Kramarz, Hillel's regional director for Northern California, started his job in June 2007, Berkeley's Hillel has adopted a hostile view towards Judaism and Israel. As pro-Israel community activist Natan Nestel notes, in the past year alone, Hillel held a dance party on Yom Hashoah, and it held a Cinco de Mayo barbecue on Remembrance Day for Fallen IDF Soldiers. It has also failed to hold community Seders for the past two years. Instead, last year, its members hung signs in the Hillel building declaring, "Matza sucks."






17. Amazing Achievement - This is an amazing achievement in and of itself - Israel top patent producer in Western world - Israel Business, Ynetnews. Now consider it in light of Israel's turbulent 61 year history.

18. OK - I'm A Juvenile - I get a laugh out of this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While you are free to disagree with something I have said or posted, you must not use inappropriate language - comments that are profane, racist or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated.