Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The beat goes on re: the Freedom Flotilla fiasco. I think that all I can do is to pass along a variety of great sources. But I urge people to do more than read these links - take action and speak up - the newspapers will soon be filled with anti-Israel correspondence and we must respond intelligently and factually. Recognize that this is part of a well-orchestrated campaign to delegitimize, demonize and isolate Israel.

The sources:
By the way - my favorite quote from today? No question. Check this out: Audrey Bomse, a spokesperson for the Free Gaza movement, said in an interview with the BBC - "I cannot say for sure if there were weapons on the ship." (my emphasis)

Finally - I think that Noah Pollack has some great suggestions in this post - The Problem with Playing Defense.

PS - Refuah Shleimah (a complete and speedy recovery) to the IDF members wounded in this action.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent article by Pollack, a.s

    ReplyDelete
  2. As It Happens (CBC Radio One) had an interview last night (02 June & 03 June on the midnight rebroadcast) with someone onboard the late ship that is now headed towards the disputed territory. That person said twice that he believed the non-violent what'd-you-call-thems had attacked the Israeli sailors. On The Current this morning (03 June) a former diplomat -- a very smarmy one -- said that the non-violent what'd-you-call-thems had attacked the Israeli sailors because they were defending themselves. He drew the analogy to someone breaking into one's home since Israel's action (without warning -- he implied!) was completely unexpected.

    Perhaps I'm just being paranoid but when the fomer diplomat began his doublespeak to the CBC's interviewer by saying something like 'look, interviewer we both speak the same language' and then began spouting blatant falsehoods I became very nervous. It fits perfectly with the pinata cartoon you posted today (03 June) with the press attacking Israel for anything and everything. I thiknk it might rain today -- must be Israel's fault.

    ReplyDelete

While you are free to disagree with something I have said or posted, you must not use inappropriate language - comments that are profane, racist or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated.