Wednesday, June 2, 2010 - Special Cojones Edition

Random thoughts that came to mind while watching this video:

1. This kid has a set of stones as big as all outdoors;
2. I wonder if his parents knew and what they thought; and
3. I hope that the 2 Palestinian kids at the end of the video are not representative of the cream of their crop. What was that thing in Germany called? The Bible - what the heck is that?



And here's a shocker - from the Associated Press, mind you - AP INTERVIEW: Turkish aid group had terror ties - Yahoo! News


Other reflections:
And here is a smorgasbord of other unrelated stories - apparently, other stuff (good and bad) is going on in the world!
And now, the important stuff. First, tonight Detroit pitcher Armando Galarraga was robbed of a perfect game - an incredible rarity (only 20 have ever been pitched in all of major league history) , though 2 perfect games have been tossed this year - A missed call that could change baseball - Tom Verducci - SI.com - watch this video and see how truly horrendous this call was -


Finally - it is a sad day in baseball - the "Kid" - Ken Griffey, Jr., retired today. Before hobbled by injuries, he was one of the most electrifying players in the game, in the mould of a Roberto Clemente, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and so on. I never liked the teams he played for, but I loved his personality, energy and clear love of the game - and I will always remember watching this play live on TV. Best wishes, Kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While you are free to disagree with something I have said or posted, you must not use inappropriate language - comments that are profane, racist or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated.