Tuesday, June 30th, 2009 (Part II) - Canada Day Edition

1. Are You Kidding Me? - I know that lies, deceit, hypocrisy and the like are commonplace among the leadership of Hamas and the Palestinian Authority, and that I should never be surprised at what emanates from those sources. Still, this story that was monitored and reported by Palestinian Media Watch simply defies belief - "Peace partner" Fatah boasts of more terrorism than Hamas. Here is the accompanying video:


2. The U(seless) N(ations) Strikes Again - Since there is nothing, nothing, better for it to be doing, the Useless Nations has sprung into action with a New Fact-finding Mission about the Gaza incursion from 6 or so months ago.

3. Speaking of Gaza - The flamboyant, publicity seeking hound known as George Galloway who had so much to say about Gaza now has come out and has taken up the cause for Ahmadinejad. Why doesn't he just move to Iran, become Ahmadinejad's permanent synchophant, and simply get it over with?

And regarding Iran and Ahmadinejad.....here are three pieces from The Wall Street Journal - Obama's Obsolete Iran Policy, Solidarity With Iran, and Silence Has Consequences for Iran.


4. Victor Davis Hanson - Thuggery 101 - maybe the President should take some notes on this one.

5. The Dead Sea Scrolls - When I was in Israel in May, I was fortunate to be able to visit the Israel Museum and in particular, The Shrine of the Book (in the picture below that I am in, the Shrine of the Book is over my right shoulder and the Knesset is directly behind me). Since there will be an exhibit of the Dead Sea Scrolls at Toronto's Royal Ontario Museum, here is a primer - What you need to know about the Dead Sea Scrolls.



6. Happy Canada Day - with a special thanks and acknowledgment to the past and present members of the Canadian Armed Forces, to whom we all owe so much. The following sad image is from the Dieppe raid, August 19, 1942.


7. Last But Not Least - I am not nearly the baseball fan that I used to be - I guess there is too much attention on salary caps and drug scandals. However, I did come across this video that did a bit to remind me of why I used to love baseball so much - its dramatic moments are truly incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While you are free to disagree with something I have said or posted, you must not use inappropriate language - comments that are profane, racist or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated.