Friday, June 25, 2010 - brief pre-Shabbat blog

1. I Got Mail - Someone wrote a piece that appeared on the editorial page of the Halifax Herald in April. I found the piece objectionable. I copied the entire piece from the Herald website, posted it on my blog, and then wrote about it.

Yesterday I received a letter from the guy. In what I would describe as a very officious letter, he solemnly informed me that he was the author of the piece in question, that he had never relinquished copyright nor given me permission to publish it and that I was to remove the piece from my blog and never publish it "...ever again in any form or in any medium, in whole or in part".

Well! I do not have the time nor patience to argue with the guy. I have no idea whether he is correct. I have simply removed the piece - though I stress that my doing so is not any admission of any wrongdoing on my part - I just cannot be bothered.

To the extent that I have thought about it, I guess what surprises me is that he does not mind having the letter published in the Herald, which claims thousands and thousands of daily readers, but he objects to it being published and criticized on my little old blog, where, I assure you, the readership is rather less. Seems to me that if he really believed what he written, he would not mind having it published anywhere. Oh well....


2. Big Story Of The Week - does not involve Jews as such and does not involve Israel. It is the trials and tribulations of General McChrystal - the now former top American commander in Afghanistan who exhibited a complete lack of judgement in making very disparaging remarks about his civilian overseers in the presence of a reporter for Rolling Stone magazine.

Seems to me (as a civilian) that whatever his skills as a commander in the field - and I gather that they are profound - especially in the area of counter-insurgencies - he had to go. And he did, being replaced by the extremely capable General Petraeus.

I am no fan of President Obama, but what I am reading says that he handled this situation - which was not of his own making - very capably. Here are some reflections on the story:

3. Jimmah The Dhimmah - A very large number of people suggest quite strongly that Jimmy Carter was America's worst-ever President. And his allegations of Israeli apartheid while he is in the pocket of the Saudis and having love-ins with terrorists like Hamas and Hezbollah suggest to me that he is also America's worst-ever former President and a "dhimmi" - which I understand to mean a non-Muslim who has accepted Muslim rule.




5. Palestinian Bandstand - It's got a good beat, and the kids can blow themselves up to it.....Jewlicious THE Jewish Blog » “When we die as martyrs”. This is what you get from relentless Jew hatred in the Arab educational and entertainment systems. Funny, how you almost never hear about that.


6. Captain Fantastic Is In Trouble - as should be obvious, this is a joke - though it certainly makes the point - Rock'n'Roll Board of Compliance Disciplines Elton John : The Current Truth







10. It's A Dog's Life - I do not even know what to say...



7 comments:

  1. Glad that you got the little creep riled. I wonder what the rules are about republishing a letter that becomes the property of the newspaper, or does it fall under the heading of public domaine once he shares his "wordly" or in this case his not so worldly point of view with the literati and not so literati. Reminds of the creepy time I was sitting in my dentists office with a Brit who began a conversation about how the Americans deserved 911 because of their arrogance she claimed. Of course I disagreed to which she replied "you must be a Jew". You betcha that I laced into this witch. In response she picked up her big fat rump and left the room as if I was contaminating her air. I did not back down and had great pleasure in telling her that not only was I Jewish, but also that the dentist was, and that she was injesting Jewish air. May those like her and him grow like onions with their feet in the air and their heads in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. General McCrystal risked his career because he could no longer abide by the decisions made by his commander in chief. While it is protocol for a president to fire those who are insubordinates, there is a reason behind McCrystal's uncharacteristic career suicide move so letting his lips loose was a conscious and deliberate decision. My brother-in-law, who is an American career soldier, came home for a 2 week furlough from Afghanistan. It is clear to him and to every soldier there that Obama is putting the lives of American soldiers at risk by not heeding the advice the generals. Someone had to bite the bullet so McCrystal did by attempting to expose the sham. Seems that because of Obama's policies this war will become another Viet Nam if Petreus is also ordered to follow by the same course. The question once again begs to be asked "whose side is Obama on?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. re the Palestinian Bandstand- the man who tells the children that he was taught how to be a man wons the Pedophile of the year award.... sick b------ds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Captain Fantastic satire....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew about New Orleans? Great article

    ReplyDelete
  6. My response to the Bark Mitzvah, is answered by your previous slide... the one which says Kish mir in Tuchus". The Schneiders are depraved and give new meaning to the term "degenerates" .....I am ashamed, very ashamed.... but I guess it beats the intentions of the palestinian children's band....feh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It it was a link to the Herald, he has absolutely no right to say that to you. It would be up to the Herald who he wrote if for to complaion, not him - I am certain he does not personally own the copyright. And many newspapers if given credit do not complain too much - they like publicity. I think he doth protest too much - he is the anti semite that he is shown to be, sadly.

    Gail W.

    ReplyDelete

While you are free to disagree with something I have said or posted, you must not use inappropriate language - comments that are profane, racist or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated.