Monday, July 26, 2010

1. In Case Anyone Cares - The truth about the Gaza jihad flotilla - Jihad Watch


2. Probably Not - the fetish for flotillas goes on, including a close friend of the President:


4. Quick Update From Professor Barry Rubin - RubinReports: Briefing in a Minute: The Middle East Right Now

5. Rural Quebec And The Jews - The Jewish rural experience





8. Goings-On in Jordan - Jordan, Dr. Peace and Mr. Apartheid



10. Oliver Stone Hits Bottom, Keeps Digging - Ron Radosh » Oliver Stone Reaches a New Low: Anti-Semitism

(Nice guy to pal around with, speaks volumes about who Stone is)

(....as does this)


12. The Conversion Issue - So even when there is relative quiet in Israel - "relative" being the key word, there is controversy. The issue, which I hope I am stating correctly, is that there is a new piece of legislation that purports to give authority over conversions to Judaism to the Israeli chief rabbinate, which is an Orthodox Jewish body. Presently, no such authority exists. The issue is that there are large numbers of Jews in Israel who were able to emigrate due to the Law of Return - but many of these Jews may not meet the requirements of the Orthodox rabbinate. Further, there would be no recognition of Reform or Conservative conversions, which are the most prevalent in North America. The matter has been deferred to the fall, but the issues remain. Here are some links:



14. Another Amazing Story About The Shoah - A new book by Christopher Browning deals with the issue of survivor testimony - Historic Shift. I have read one of Browning's earlier works - "Ordinary Men" - which is extremely interesting.




17. Something You Don't See Every Day - Standing up, and out, for Israel


18. I Found This Funny - from Iran - much better than hate.......

1 comment:

  1. Heh, what happened to the "I am Mad as Hell and I am not going to take it any more" Marc?Lots of information on this blog today but you don't sound like you are here. A.S.

    ReplyDelete

While you are free to disagree with something I have said or posted, you must not use inappropriate language - comments that are profane, racist or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated.