Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The weather in Halifax continues to be hotter than the proverbial "hinges of H-E- double hockey-sticks"! But in January, we'll be longing for something, anything, that is warm.

1. Are you kidding me? Abbas: Talks with Hamas 'inevitable,' but not with Israel | Middle East | Jerusalem Post The latest is a series, likely a continuing series, of astounding comments from the supposed moderate peace partner.


2. Gee, Thanks For The Heads-Up..... - Al-Qaeda warns of 'spectacular attacks' on UK - Express India. It is a "can't miss" model (see cartoon below). I doubt that this will arrest the UK's slide into more and more ridiculous submissions to demands from its minority Muslim population - see, for example, yesterday's posting about burqinis, as well as here and here.




4. Rather Important To Know - Commentary » Blog Archive » Who Is Human Rights Watch’s Joe Stork? I think you will be shocked - bear this in mind when reading material from this organization (and many other such organizations). (Thanks to Seraphic Secret for the lead.)



6. Armoured Corps - A review of an essential part of Israel's military - Security and Defense: Challenges of the Armored Corps | Front Lines - the week that was | Jerusalem Post



8. I Could Not Resist - Though I promised to leave the United Church alone, I could not resist posting this op-ed from The Jerusalem Post - Op-ed: The Canadian boycott that wasn't | Op-Ed Contributors | Jerusalem Post.

9. Someone Is Paying Attention to South America (thankfully) - Commentary » Blog Archive » One Stone, Two Birds


10. Canada's Olympic Hockey Team - Even on one of the hottest days of the year, this is a major story in Canadian newspapers..... below is the new jersey, as well as some of its predecessors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While you are free to disagree with something I have said or posted, you must not use inappropriate language - comments that are profane, racist or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated.